Coordinator for Presbyterians for Earth Care
Presbyterians for Earth Care (PEC) invites individuals and congregations to participate in the growing earth care movement within the PC(USA). PEC is a national eco-justice network that cares for God’s creation by connecting, equipping, and inspiring Presbyterians to make creation care a central concern of the church. We are looking for a new paid, part-time coordinator to help in our work. We are open to creative job sharing.
The PEC Coordinator will report to the PEC Moderator and work with the Presbyterians for Earth Care Executive Committee to provide administrative support on specific tasks, including but not limited to the following:
- Enhance communication and publicity of PEC through printed and electronic materials and social networking. Coordinate printing and mailings, send e-mails, and maintain and update the PEC website.
- Assist membership development and maintenance. Receive membership forms and donation amounts and maintain a database of member contact information and giving history. Prepare lists of members and donation history as requested. Communicate with membership and respond to requests in a timely manner, referring to regional representatives and committee chairs as appropriate.
- Assist officers and committee chairs in projects, commitments and general work, as needed.
- Help prepare materials for the Annual Meeting and PEC booth such as the annual report and update the PEC brochure as needed.
- Promote/coordinate national and regional gatherings and conferences, both Presbyterian and Ecumenical.
- Network with PC(USA) offices and Presbyterian and ecumenical groups to expand the mission and ministry of PEC into new realms.
- Assist the Moderator in setting agenda for meetings, and maintain files of Steering Committee minutes, Steering Committee member contact information and terms, and general work in a web-based file hosting service, such as DropBox.
- Record minutes of PEC meetings and conference calls, when requested.
- Travel to and staff the annual steering committee planning retreat and the biennial PEC national conference (odd years). Expenses covered by PEC.
The PEC Coordinator will have an interest in caring for God’s earth and knowledge of the Presbyterian Church (USA). The Coordinator will be a self-starter with excellent follow-through, able to work independently as well as collaboratively. Desired attributes include a calm and professional demeanor, good verbal and written communication skills, good time management and a history of meeting deadlines. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher and website-related software desired.
Work is up to 20 hours a week, annual pay is up to $28,000 and work is done at home.
Please send resume to email@example.com Deadline: May 3, 2021.
Post a Comment