September 15-18, 2015
Montreat Conference Center, NC
Join Presbyterians for Earth Care to be enriched and empowered in an ethic of creation care for three days at our 2015 Conference at beautiful Montreat near Asheville, North Carolina.
• Hear from theological leaders in the denomination: Rev. Dr. Patricia K. Tull, A. B. Rhodes Professor Emerita of Old Testament, Louisville Presbyterian Seminary and Rev. Dr. J Herbert Nelson II, Director, PC(USA) Office of Public Witness
• Comingle with Presbyterians engaged in social justice programs such as Earth Care Congregations and Hunger Action Enablers.
• Experience nature in the biodiverse region of the Western North Carolina mountains through a variety of pre- and post-conference field trips.
◦ Explore the plant diversity on the Blue Ridge Parkway and walk to the top of the highest peak east of the Mississippi.
◦ See both manicured and natural plantings at the NC Arboretum and learn from the experts at the National Climatic Data Center.
◦ Learn about sustainability operations at the Biltmore Estate, including a solar farm and canola oil production, and tour the house.
◦ Choose from more adventurous trips such as a float trip, a waterfall tour and an old growth hike.
• Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Presbyterians for Earth Care/Presbyterians for Restoring Creation at an evening of worship, recognition, and reception. Record your stories and memories of PEC/PRC before the conference at www.PECmemories.com.
• Purchase Patricia Tull’s book, Inhabiting Eden: Christians, the Bible, and the Ecological Crisis, the Leader’s Guide and A Reader’s and Writer’s Workbook that goes with it from the author.
Find out everything you need to know about the conference and register by July 15 to receive the early bird discount. Young adults, ages 18 – 30 years, receive a special discounted registration of $100 for the entire conference.
We look forward to seeing you there! If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.
For God's Earth,