Dear PEC Members and Friends,
|J Herbert Nelson at PEC|
Conference in Montreat
"There is a bold word to be spoken for eco-justice against all the forces of eco-injustice, all the oppression of earth and people." Bill Gibson, one of the founders of Presbyterians for Earth Care (PEC) penned those words. This September, at our Montreat conference, we celebrated PEC's first 20 years of "working against the forces of eco-injustice." At the conference, the Steering Committee determined how the sacred trust we inherited from Bill, and the others who have gone before us will shape PEC’s future. Please support the work of PEC as we follow Christ in restoring creation for ecology and justice with a tax-deductible end-of-the-year donation.
In 2016 we will continue our work against the forces of eco-injustice in the following ways:
|Trisha Tull, Conference|
• Follow the challenges that Trisha Tull and J Herbert Nelson gave us to increase our justice-seeking base
• Build stronger relationships between our Regional Representatives and members in their regions
• Support the Eco-stewards 2016 program in Seattle
• Strengthen our partnerships with other eco-justice organizations
• Develop a more welcoming and user-friendly website.
Please support the eco-justice work of PEC in 2016 with a generous year-end contribution so that we can continue to build a sacred trust for the future. You might also consider a gift contribution for Christmas or another special event. All donations are tax-deductible.
Yours in Earth Care,
P.S. If you prefer to mail a check, please send it to: PEC Treasurer, 501 Valley Drive, Durham, NC 27704.