The People’s Climate March is September 21 in NYC
Thousands of people will be calling for a strong climate change treaty by taking part in the People’s Climate March in New York City on Sunday, September 21. The People’s Climate March takes place two days before the United Nation’s Climate Summit at UN Headquarters in New York City where world leaders will work toward an international climate treaty.
Presbyterians for Earth Care hopes you, as a person of faith, will want to get involved – by participating in the March in NYC, or by offering prayers or taking action in your faith community – wherever you are in the world.
Whether you can come to the March or not, your congregation can become a Climate March Faith Community. In addition, there are other actions that you can take:
- The biggest role is outreach – send information about the march to your networks.
- (To learn more about offering housing, click here.) If you're within an hour of Midtown Manhattan by mass transit, please consider having your faith community offer housing. It will make an important difference.
- If you plan to go to the March, check out the resources that GreenFaith is providing.
- You can also sign up to receive e-mail updates from GreenFaith about the March.
- To follow what Presbyterians are doing at the March on Twitter use #presbyPCM.
Please join us to make this March a turning point in the struggle against climate change. Let us know if you plan to be there!
Sue Smith, Treasurer
Heavenly Creator, give us the wisdom to care for this wonderful world the way you intended and the courage to speak out about injustices. Care for and protect all those who will be participating in the Climate March in New York City as they travel and as they act out their faith. We praise you, Lord, and ask for these things in your name. Amen.