Dear Friend of Creation,
Today we are more aware than ever of the effort that will be needed to call Presbyterians to the role for which all humanity was created, “to till and keep the earth.” (Genesis 2:15).
In order to connect, equip and inspire members of the PC(USA) to make creation care a central concern of the church, your financial support for Presbyterians for Earth Care is vital. We therefore ask, during this holiday season with its focus on gratitude and giving, that you prayerfully consider a donation of any size.
Here are some of our activities over the last year:
- Assisted the Eco-Stewards program to convene eight young adults in Boston and Vermont to learn about the ways the Occupy movement and Biblical and theological resources intersect in hands-on practical actions to protect and be nurtured by our relationship with the earth.
- Continued to build on our relationship with the denomination’s office of Environmental Ministries and its new Associate, Rebecca Barnes-Davies.
- Began planning for our next conference at the Ferncliff Camp and Conference Center in Arkansas, October 16-19, 2013.
- Continued to produce the PEC Update newsletter each quarter providing up-to-date news and information about earth care topics from around the denomination.
- Coordinated advocacy efforts among our members for a multitude of earth care concerns such as the Keystone XL pipeline, fracking and mountain top removal, among others.
- Provided a presence at the church’s General Assembly in Pittsburgh to communicate with members about the urgency of these and other efforts.
To build on these accomplishments, we continue to need your personal and financial support in order to reach out to Presbyterians across the country. So much needs to be done now to protect the future of creation!
Please visit www.presbyearthcare.org to make a donation today.
Yours in Earth Care,